Company History & Achievements
Thea-Tex™ Healthcare (India) Pvt Ltd incorporated on 30th April at Registrar of Companies, Mumbai, India.
Imported and commissioned state of the art Taiwanese ultrasonic nonwoven converting machines for surgical masks, including the first bouffant cap and surgeon cap machines in India.
- 1st capacity expansion from four machines to seven machines
- Awarded ISO 9001 Certificate of Registration by the British Standards Institute
1st ultrasonic Ear Loop machine imported. (currently there are 12 ear loop machines and more than 35 machines in total)
Participated in the first Medical Exhibition at Medical Fair, Mumbai, organized by Messe Dusseldorf
Major capacity expansion due to H1N1 pandemic and major entry into export markets globally. Several machines imported during the crisis by Air shipment
Imported the first Duck Bill mask making machine for producing N95 Particulate Respirators
- Participated in Arab Health(Dubai/UAE), Hospitalar (Sao Paulo/Brazil), Medica (Dusseldorf/Germany) to announce the arrival of world class Indian manufacturer of nonwoven surgical masks etc.
- Thea-Tex™ empanelled on the Meditech Research Advisory Committee at South India Textile Research Association (SITRA, Coimbatore), a Government approved Centre of Excellence for Medical Textiles.
- Thea-Tex™ empanelled on the Technical Textiles for Meditech Applications Sectional Committee, TX36, at the Bureau of Indian Standards. Advisor for draft standard on Surgical Masks.
- Started ultrasonic production of nonwoven shoe covers, PE shoe covers and PE shower caps.
- Further capacity expansion to more than 1 million pieces per day or more than 30 Million pieces per month, making Thea-Tex™ the largest domestic mask producer.
- Imported and commissioned India’s first surgical mask machine for children’s and ladies’ face masks, as well as developing cartoon masks.
- Thea-Tex™ company name and in house Surgical Mask brand Filtra™ trademarked successfully.
- Thea-Tex™ launches its in house e commerce site for selling pollution masks with activated carbon at www.filtramask.com
- Thea-Tex™ ties up with www.amazon.in to sell the Filtra™ range of products directly to consumers such as doctor/dental clinics and bikers/commuters. Within the first 6 months the on line sales generated revenue of several hundred thousand USD per month, with exponential growth expected due to India’s explosion of the E Commerce industry.
- Thea-Tex™ successfully allotted GS1 Company Prefix Number 890606277 for generating GTIN 13 barcodes for up to 1,000 different SKU’s.
For more recent updates please see Latest News section….